"Brad Houser" > wrote:
> []
> I was the BBQ hero saturday night!
>
> I will be moving on to bigger things soon.
>
> Question: Since I am using mesquite charcoal, do I really need the soaked
> wood chips?

Success is always fun, isn't it? I like mesquite lump because it seems to
burn so well, and, it seems to me, charcoal is charcoal. I can't detect a
noticeable flavor from the mesquite lump. The guys who have much more
experience than me will advise you on chips and chunks. For pork and beef,
I like to start with hickory chunks, for chicken and seafood, citrus. I
don't soak 'em.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/