Dee Randall

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm sensing a bit of arrogance in this group, its like people are using
> this group as a means of establishing their own preference as some sort
> of law of baked goods.
> The Point: I think you need to stop being so judgemental about
> something as trivial as bread, not everyone has the time or space to
> allow a bread to rise for 13 hours, so 75 minutes for a decent loaf of
> freshly baked bread isn't that bad. And hey, when I have 13 hours to
> kill, when I am 80, I will try rising the bread for the 'required
> time.'
> Aaron, wondering if this group should be called the
> rec.foods.yeast-growing-discussion

I don't think this group is being so judgmental as it is helpful; in that
they would like people to realize that there are differences in the taste of
bread that has risent longer. I recall going to a famous bread store that
had a good reputation and we wanted to share this good bread with friends of
ours who were with us. They got all stiff and resistant and even though we
sat and ate some that we purchased at the store, they wouldn't even taste
it. They had no curiousity how it tasted, nor an inclination to buy a loaf
and take it home.
Different strokes.
Dee