Janet Bostwick

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm sensing a bit of arrogance in this group, its like people are using
> this group as a means of establishing their own preference as some sort
> of law of baked goods.
> The Point: I think you need to stop being so judgemental about
> something as trivial as bread, not everyone has the time or space to
> allow a bread to rise for 13 hours, so 75 minutes for a decent loaf of
> freshly baked bread isn't that bad. And hey, when I have 13 hours to
> kill, when I am 80, I will try rising the bread for the 'required
> time.'
> Aaron, wondering if this group should be called the
> rec.foods.yeast-growing-discussion

Bread made the really fast way becomes trivial, something to keep your hands
clean when eating peanut butter. If all you want or need is some bread made
at home, as I said, there are several ways to go about it. But, if you were
ever to have the opportunity to taste the difference between bread made in
an hour and bread that has been made in a slower way, you would understand
why slower is encouraged. The taste difference isn't something you have to
have a special sense to pick up. The fast bread just plain has a 'nasty'
taste as a result of the differences in fast, overly warm fermentation. No
food made at home should be considered trivial--in that case, why bother at
all?
Janet