Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 06 Feb 2005 08:00:19p, Steve Calvin wrote in rec.food.equipment:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>

>>>Seems reasonable. Do they "self clean"? Not that I'm buying a new
>>>range anywhere in the near future, just curious.
>>>

>> Yes, perfectly.
>>
>> Wayne

> Interesting. I'm "guessing" that the bottom element is enclosed in
> the cooking chamber and that there's a faux bottom installed over the
> element? Otherwise it would seem like efficiency would suffer greatly.

Well, somewhat obviously, there must somehow be two bottoms, else the
element would be exposed to whatever lies under the oven cavity, usually a
storage drawer.

The oven cavity itself is essentially one unbroken shell of metal (back,
sides, top, and bottom). The element is probably in a heavily insulated
and sealed cavity attached beneath. It's hard to tell the mechanics of it
from just looking.

Wayne