Brick

On 6-Feb-2005, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>
> > Gus wrote:
> >
> > -- A bunch of self-important stuff completely missing the point.
> >
> > Have you notice that you are antagonizing virtually everyone on this
> > newsgroup? If you don't like the norms of this newsgroup I encourage you
> >
> > to start your own. Perhaps you can convince Kent and Cal and other like
> > minded people to join you.
> >
> > We and you would all probably be happier.
> >
> > Matthew
> >

> I miss most of these posts but see enough to know that it's raging again.
>
> May I offer a hypothetical:
>
> "You" are joining a club that has been in existence for quite a while.
> The members have taken a majority rule vote on the bylaws for the
> club. Whatever the majority view was, became the club by-laws.
>
> Let's further assume that this club has a restaurant and bar and the
> club by-laws mandate that there be no "tabs" run. All bills must be
> paid by the end of business day.
>
> Ok, now: "you" don't happen to like that or think that in today's day
> and age that makes sense to you just decide that because you don't
> like carrying a wallet or money, you aren't going to comply. Do you
> really expect that you'd be graciously received by the membership and
> welcomed? Or kicked out on "your" butt?
>
> --
> Steve

I sure wish I were as eloquent as you Steve because you pretty well
summed it up. What I can't figure out is why anyone would hang around
here knowing how we are. It's baffeling how so many people could be in
tune with one another, and a stranger cannot understand it and '****'
off. In other words, we will close the door on people who try to butt in
with views that are not acceptable to this group. Gus is absolutely
right in that he can post anywhere he wants to on Usenet. But 'we'are
not obligated to respond.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)