Joan

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:11:59 -0500, UnConundrrum
> wrote:
>This may vary with the type of bread, and what you do to the dough
>between each rise. I made baguettes today, and folded the dough after
>an hour. This "fold" helped to strengthen the dough. I then let it
>raise for another hour, and pre-shaped it, letting it rest a half hour,
>before final shaping. Then it proofed for yet another hour... Giving
>it all that time for flavor to develop made a wonderful baguette

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group and forgive me if you have
been asked this before, but having just got a breadmaker I am
experimenting with all kinds of loaves and doughs! Seeing the word
baguette has prompted me to ask how to get the crispy crust, as
although the ones I made tasted fine - they lacked that crispy dry,
crust - the crust on mine was quite shiny. Just wondered how you made
yours.
Thanks
Joan