Joe Rosenberg

Mr Uranium:

Your petty chauvinism and arrogance is unacceptable to valid discourse on
wine (and pairings with food), Because you feel that no wine should be
decanted or imbibed without a repast does not make you any better or worse,

Since you talk about Italian customs, I have visited Italian wineries almost
a dozen times and have tasted with Angelo Gaja, Renato Ratti, Elio Altare,
Pio Boffa, Elvio Cogno, Antonio Vallana, Giuseppe Quintarelli, Count
Bonacossi, the fratelli Cerreto, the Currados of Vietta, Sig Bianchi of
Monsanto, Count Pasolini, Antonio Mastroberadino + + + +. Most of these
occasions were without a meal and often if time permitted preceded a meal.
I'm sorry sir but no one ever told me that it was improper in Italy to drink
without a meal. I agree that food always enhances wine but to evaluate a
wines' quality only neutral flavors are appropriate. I also have spent time
in the Rhone & Burgundy and observed not just Americans indulging in
tastings at wineries but French, Swiss and Germans. Perhaps they did not
know the you sir, the deluded poobah of Columbus. would disapprove of their
behavior.

Since the early 1980's wine appreciation has grown here in the "colonies"
and as a wine educator I've always taught that there is no wrong wine or
wrong way of appreciating wine. I've endeavored to take the mystery and
foolish ritual out wine tasting.

We always have "newbies" joining the board and asking for guidance and we,
and I include the two Michaels, St Helier, Mark, Dale, Ian, Tom S and other
"regulars" have learned to be patient and have even created a FAQ page
covering netiquette and current topics to help the beginner.

All you do, sir, is engage in trollish behavior.

If you look at the TV or read, you will see much more disturbing things for
us to deal with then your "issues". If spectator sports is the toy
department of our conscious minds, then wine appreciation is the playpen and
crib.

I think we should start a collection and buy you a pacifier and a six pack
of zoloft if you persist in being so infantile.

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
oups.com...