Steve Slatcher wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2005 11:20:15 -0800, wrote:
>
> >It is entirely possible (indeed probable) that a wine tasted alone
> >would come off poorly compared to others tasted alone, but fare much
> >better when drunk with a meal. Food changes everything.

> Which the experienced amateur realises. And which many

professionals
> seem to miss when awarding points.
>
> You are right to point out the importance of food, but whether the
> taster is being paid or not is irrelevent.
>
> --
> Steve Slatcher

http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher

The explosion of 'tasting' by inexperienced, uneducated, unqualified
people, who don't know the first thing about the relationship between
food and wine is the problem I am addressing. People asking questions
about the proper 'technique' for tasting is indicative of this cultural
disease. If you have to ask, you have no business doing it.....