Michael Odom

Default Male Toes

A Chinese neighbor asked if he could pick up pecans in my front yard
back in the fall. He's from Taiwan and wanted to take some back to
his family for the holidays. I said sure. There were plenty for all
of us.

A couple of days ago, he brough over some candies his wife had made,
explaining that she was just back from the old country and wanted to
share some goodies with us. I believe it was a thank-you gift in
return for the pecans. His English is pretty weak and I have no
Chinese at all. Communication was less than perfect, but as far as I
can tell, he called the candies "male toes." The were like slightly
chewy peanut nougut sticks.

Male toes?

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore