Brian Macke

Default How to make stroganoff sauce?

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:37:51 +0000, dh_l wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What does it take to make stroganoff sauce? I looked it up at a couple
> of websites, and got the impression that it's pretty much just flour and
> sour cream. Is that all it takes for it to be considered stroganoff
> sauce?

You'll also need wine in there as well. The last time I made stroganoff,
it involved browning the meat, reserving the fat, cooking the flavoring
vegetables, deglazing with wine, then adding everything back in. The sour
cream gets added right at the end.

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which