parrotheada1a

Ahhh.......Musashi knows!!! One point to remember about canned eel
though. Read the ingredient list!! Some of the canned stuff has hot
peppers in it, (usually marked as chile peppers) you might not want to
serve it in a large amount. A little heat is alright, but some of
these this stuff packs a dope slap on the tongue.

I have a question about cooking eels, I have managed to find an asian
grocer that has some live from time to time. I've read in a few
different books that It's advisable to marinate the freshly skinned
eels before cooking. One book says salt, shoyu & a bit of sake, another
says salt & sake and the third says to use sake with a few large pieces
of ginger. Any advice on this?

Jim