Ulrike Westphal

> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:39:43 +0100, "Ulrike Westphal"
> > wrote:
>

> >Of course Dr. Oetker still has the recipes and ebay Germany sells an

iron.

>http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=6509114 770

&rd=1

> >It is a special waffle iron to make the "rolls".
> >
> >Ulrike from Germany
> >

> Ulrike,
>
> I should have known better. I tried contacting the U.S.-based Oetker
> offices and they were absolutely clueless. I should have gone directly
> to the home office.
>
> I really love the old cookbook, and I've been trying to find a
> replacement for it. (The book is my mom's and I'd love a copy for
> myself.) The new English books Dr. Oetker is producing don't seem to
> come close -- the recipes aren't the same, and the style is entirely
> different. Rather than one book with everything in it, now there is a
> whole series of books, each with a slightly different focus, and none
> with any of my old favourites.
>
> Looking at the iron, I'm surprised to see the pattern. The cookies
> pictured in the book are plain, with no grill or grid marks. It looks
> much more like the pizzelle iron than I would have thought.
>
> Thanks for the link. Now at least I know what I should be looking for
> and that should help a lot.
> --Vic

Vic,
it's the same with the books in Germany. I have one from my grandma printed
in 1930, completly different from the new ones. But there was a reprint from
the books of 1960, I bought them, no bags with ready mixes to open, all
recipes "hand-made".
With this link you reach the "historical" collection site and perhaps you
find what you are looking for....
http://www.droetker.de/cgi-bin/wrapp...MN-4H3M7F-DE-p

Ulrike