On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:37:15 -0900, "Peggy" >
wrote:

>Could you be talking about piroulines? (might be spelled piroullines.)
>~Peggy

Peggy,

That's very much like what I'm talking about with a slight difference.

Judging by the commercial varieties I've tried piroulines are a little
drier, a little less sweet and a little finer in texture than the
German-style Eiser cakes/Eiserhörnchen, but that impression might be
an incorrect one. I've never had home-made Eiser cakes, so that's why
I've wanted to try them.

I just want to thank everybody here for being so prompt and helpful
with your responses. I was afraid I was truly on a wild goose chase.
--Vic(toria)