Pan Ohco

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:46:48 GMT, da wrote:

>The cigar/cigarette cookie suggestion is also a good one. I had no
>idea what those cookies were called in English. I know that sounds
>silly, but most of the imported ones I see in the stores come from
>Germany or Belgium or Holland and they don't seem to carry an English
>label that says "cigarette cookies." They just slap a picture of the
>product on the box. Actually I find this problem a lot. I've got lots
>of German and European recipes, but if I have to put an English name
>on them to describe them to somebody I'm usually at a loss for words.
>
>Vox,
>

>After looking at a few examples, however, I'm not sure a pizzelle iron
>is quite what I want, as the pattern seems to require a pretty thick
>cookie

A pizzelle produces a cookie approx 1/8 of an inch.

Sometimes they are spread with Nutrella and rolled in to stick shape.
Is this what you are looking for?

Pan Ohco

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a
Book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
--Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.