Rona Yuthasastrakosol

da wrote:

> Can anybody point me in the direction of an Eiser Cake iron supplier
> (preferrably in Ontario) or at least give me some idea of what one of
> these rare creations looks like and how it functions?
>
> All your advice will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Vic

I don't know which cookbook you're referring to, but have you considered
writing the author(s) for a source for the iron? If it's possible to
contact them, they'd probably be the best resource.

You could also try e-mailing
http://www.goldaskitchen.com/ --they're a mail
order kitchen/baking ware company based in Ontario. I think they have a
store, too, but I'm not sure. They have an excellent selection, so I'm
inclined to think they may be able to find what you're looking for.

Should all else fail, if you look up a recipe for cigar/cigarette cookies,
you'll find instructions for making the cookies using a dowel. Might just
work for you.

rona

"[America] is filled with people who decided not to live in Europe. We
had people who really wanted to live in Europe, but didn't have the
energy to go back. We call them Canadians." ---Grover Norquist in
Newsweek, November 22, 2004