Default Eiser cake question

Hello everybody,

I'm a regular lurker, so while you're not new to me I'm new to you.I'm
hoping that somebody here can answer a question that has been driving
me crazy for years.

I've got what looks to be a good recipe for Eiser Cake cookies. It
comes from a cookbook I trust and reading through it, it looks like it
should work. The only problem I have with it is that the instructions
state "Eiser cake can only be made in an Eiser Cake iron."

Now all that would be well and good, if
a) I could find an Eiser Cake iron or
b) I could see a picture of one so that I can figure out a
work-around.

Now I've been searching for an Eiser Cake iron for years -- both
online and in actual stores, and I've struck out every time. I'm not
sure if this is because these things simply don't exist, or if they
are known under a different name.

What my cookbook refers to as Eiser Cakes are the long
(finger-length), rolled cookies that you most commonly see in the tins
of imported biscuits/cookies that are for sale at Christmas time. They
have a light texture and a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth taste. They are
also on the slightly sweet side.

I've been tempted to try them in just a frying pan or on the grill
plates of my waffle iron/sandwich grill, but I've never had quite
enough nerve. I hate wasting ingredients and turning out utter
failures.

Can anybody point me in the direction of an Eiser Cake iron supplier
(preferrably in Ontario) or at least give me some idea of what one of
these rare creations looks like and how it functions?

All your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Vic