Dan Logcher

Questions wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:34:45 -0500, Dan Logcher
> > wrote:
>

>>Questions wrote:

>>>Thank you Dan. I went to the site and they don't seem to offer
>>>shipping to the USA.
>>>
>>>I did find some roast Pike Eel that is reasonably priced from:
>>>http://store.yahoo.com/2yoyo/cannedfood.html
>>>
>>>I ordered 20 cans and including shipping, the entire cost was $45 US.
>>>
>>>Yum! I can't wait!

>>I hope you like it, or you'll have 19 extra cans
>>Do you have a local Asian market? They may have some eel. I was just
>>at one on the way back from sledding with my son.. I saw a few different
>>brands.

> Man, I do love eel. It's got a flavor that is just seriously good to
> me.
>
> No, I live in St. Augustine, Florida, USA. I think the nearest Asian
> market would be in Jacksonville, Florida.
>
> Sledding! Man, I haven't even seen snow in over 25 years. Have fun!

Gotta love New England weather to live here.. or we'd all move to Florida,
or Arizona. Sledding is cool, my three year old loves it.

I've got many Asian markets in and around Boston. Sorry to hear you don't
have anything close by. I just picked up a bottle of Unagi Kabayaki no Tare,
eel sauce. I have a frozen eel filet in my freezer. I think you'll get better
results from buying frozen filets and sauce in the mail as opposed to canned.

I don't really like the canned as much. I've found two different types of frozen
filets, one I like more than the other. The Japanese brand is more expensive,
but a better flavor. The Chinese brand has a slight muddy taste, still ok though.
you should be able to order this online as well. Ask a local sushi chef where
you can eel. That might help.

--
Dan