Vox Humana

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> I posted the following on alt.bread.recipes thinking that bakers would

have a
> perspective on this, but have had no response.
>
> I know what a convection oven is. I have two "true convection" ovens, one

in
> my range and an excellent countertop model.
>
> I read periodically about "fan-ovens" and "fan-assist" ovens, but I've

never
> seen one for sale in the US.
>
> Are these all the same thing, but different names?
>
> On my range oven I can choose whether to use convection or not. In a

long-
> ago thread, I remember someone with a fan-oven commenting that they

couldn't
> turn the fan off.

My oven is a convection model, but it just has a fan behind the rear wall
and circulates the air that is heated by the elements at the top and bottom
of the oven. I think that is a fan oven. As you know, true convection
ovens have an element associated with the fan and may or may not use the
other elements in the oven.