Wayne Boatwright

Default Convection Ovens / Fan Ovens???

I posted the following on alt.bread.recipes thinking that bakers would have a
perspective on this, but have had no response.

I know what a convection oven is. I have two "true convection" ovens, one in
my range and an excellent countertop model.

I read periodically about "fan-ovens" and "fan-assist" ovens, but I've never
seen one for sale in the US.

Are these all the same thing, but different names?

On my range oven I can choose whether to use convection or not. In a long-
ago thread, I remember someone with a fan-oven commenting that they couldn't
turn the fan off.

Comments?

TIA
Wayne