Gunther Anderson

Guy A. Cook Jr. wrote:

> I'm making some banana liqueur and have had vodka and bananas in jar
> for about a day. The mashed bananas in the brew are clumping and
> browning.
> Is this going to be a problem for the finished product?
> I was going to let steep for about a week then strain and add sugar
> mix.
>
> Thanks you in advance

I've never actually made any of the banana liqueurs on my site, but my
gut says it'll be fine. Bananas are enormously sensitive to oxygen, so
even the O2 dissolved in the vodka will help them brown. Browned
bananas aren't a taste problem at all, though. People don't like them
for their looks, but some things like banana bread require thoroughly
browned bananas. And clumping doesn't worry me at all; it's just how a
pasty substance will behave in water.

Consider tossing in a little vanilla at the end.

http://www.guntheranderson.com/lique...ors.htm#Banana

Good luck,
Gunther Anderson