Bluesea

"Top Spin" > wrote in message
> I see in the FAQ that there are several suggestions for measuring tea:
>
> 1. 1 tsp per person + 1 tsp for the pot.

1 for the pot is an old wives' tale, I suspect started by those who like a
stiff brew.

> Browing the Upton site, I check 10-15 teas including blacks, oolongs,
> and greens and they all caleld for 2 1/4 g/cup. If they mean a 6 oz
> cup,

Yes, Upton adheres to the tea standard of a 6 oz. cup. I don't know where it
is on the website, if present, but it is stated in the hard-copy catalog.

> I have a scale with an accuracy of 1g. I usually use a 4-cup (24 oz)
> pot. How much tea should I use by weight in grams?

Start out w/ 2 g per 6 oz cup. Modify from there to suit your personal taste
after you gain experience with a tea. For example, for most teas for me, I
figure per 8 oz, but others, I figure per 6 oz.

--
~~Bluesea~~