Ron

In article >,
Derek > wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:27:59 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> >Scented Nectar wrote:
> >
> >> Then forced complicity

> >There is no such thing.

> Forced complicity exists, and if I were to threaten
> you and your family with death by starvation, you'd
> be forced to comply with the truth of this sentence.

We disagree, Derek. The choice to comply is still a choice. It is choice
that would certainly have a negative or unwanted consequence, but the
choice still remains. Unfortunately, our culture allows the individual
to get caught up in the "he made me do it" mentality. It is this
mentality that allows people to be manipulated. it is a remnant from
religion to inspire guilt and control.