Space Cowboy

My rule of thumb know your pot, know your tea, and know your tastebuds.
If the tea taste strong then more water or less tea, if weak less
water or more tea. Some people add temperature and a timer to the mix.
I just use boiling water and wait. I use a 1 liter pot for all teas
and I eyeball the amount from previous experience which might be a
pinch more for this and less for that. I use that figuratively, pinch
your tea for measurement of larger grades and palm for the smaller. If
you're a neophyte start with some recommended calculations then throw
away the sliderule when you realize your tastebuds are the only ones
that count. Brewing tea is an art form and not a science project. My
latest version of judging the perfect cuppa is waiting for the leaves
to look just right in the pot.

Jim

Top Spin wrote:
> I see in the FAQ that there are several suggestions for measuring

tea:

> 1. 1 tsp per person + 1 tsp for the pot. This seems problematic. I
> bought some tea samples and they vary considerably in how dense they
> are.
>
> 2. 1 tsp for anywhere from 5.5 oz to 16 oz of water. Again, this is a
> large range.
>
> 3. 15 g per liter of water. This translates to about 2.66 g for a

6-oz