Fifo

wrote:

> >Just make your own. The manufacturers put all sorts of awful things
> >in these products.

> Mayo is one of those things that is hard to make, not simple (even

with
> Alton's help in explaining the details on it . It breaks easily,

and is
> nowhere near as stable or long-lasting as the stuff you get at the

store.

If the mayo seperates it is very easy to repair it. Just seperate
another yolk in a clean bowl and add the sperated mayo one spoonfull at
a time stirring constantly. Stirr in circles and only in one direction.

As far as storage goes, I wouldn't store home-made mayo for more than
3-4 days and would definitely keep it in the fridge. Personally, I
think if you are using the mayo for sauces or salads, it's worth doing
it from scratch. Otherwise nothing wrong with the store variety.