Old 27-01-2005, 08:27 AM
JimLane

Erik wrote:
I'm trying to find a new recipe for pepper sauce for buffalo wings. I
have done some searching on the web and usenet, and all of the recipes
that I have found involve adding stuff to either Tobasco sauce or to
Franks hot sauce. As both of these sauces have a vinegar base,
anything made from these is going to have a vinegary smell and taste.
Does anyone have a recipe or suggestions on making a pepper sauce that
does not contain vinegar, or that the vinegar taste/smell is masked by
the other ingredients?

Thanks
Erik

Simple, find an off-the-shelf hot sauce that is not vinegar-based.
But then, they won't be Buffalo Hot Wings any longer.

jim