Cwdjrx _

I mainly have had Bonneau du Martray and Louis Latour Corton Charlemagne
over the years. On the average I have found the Latour superior if you
have proper storage conditons and age it enough. The Bonneau often is
easier to drink if you must drink it young. As Hugh Johnson says, Corton
Charlemagne ages much as does a red wine. In his 2005 Pocket Encyclopeda
of Wine, he lists vintages back to 1978 as beng good vintages to drink,
and he rates the 85 and 86 as best for drinking in 2005. Leroy might
make a better Corton Charlemagne, but I have not tasted it. Be sure you
are sitting down when the price is quoted to you. If you open a Corton
Charlemagne too young, it can be a bit harsh and only hint at what is to
come when it is mature.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.