Rudy Canoza

Dutch wrote:
> ****wit David Harrison wrote
> >
> >>What is
> >>this "basic consideration" that I am withholding from them? How are

they
> >>harmed by my withholding of it? Does my withholding of this "basic
> >>consideration" have ANY effect at all on any animal or any human?

Excellent questions.

Here's another: why does ****wit suppose "vegans" have NOT given due
consideration, and simply reached a different conclusion (farm animals
ought not exist) than the one ****wit reaches (there ought to be farm
animals)?

It seems to me they HAVE given due consideration. In their opinion -
not mine, not yours - the fact of killing farm animals always morally
outweighs any good treatment they may have received. ****wit has not
given them any reason to come to a different conclusion, except for his
implied belief that "vegans" are doing evil by not causing farm animals
to exist. As that belief is plainly absurd, "vegans" have no reason to
pay any attention to ****wit's tired tale.

> > No. And it can't either. But if more people develop such

consideration
> > then products which promote decent lives for livestock could very

well
> > become popular, and THAT is exactly what you are really opposed to.

> "The Logic of The Larder" will never become popular. It is

transparently
> self-serving sophistry to anyone with the brain power of a 10

year-old.

Note that in the Logic of the Larder, the philosopher at least has the
decency only to apply the ****witted thinking to himself; he is not so
arrogant as to presume to admonish others that they also "ought" to
look at farm animals' lives as he does. ****wit commits this mistake
(due to arrogance). ****wit believes not only that he is doing a good
deed to farm animals by causing them to exist, but that anyone who
DOESN'T see the situation that way, EVEN IF THEY EAT MEAT, is doing
wrong. This explains why he condemns all the omnivores who have
considered and rejected his stupid story here as being "selfish". It
isn't good enough for ****wit that you *do* eat meat and thereby cause
animals to "get to experience life"; ****wit demands that you view it
as a good deed leading to some kind of moral imperative, and that you
condemn anyone who doesn't look at it in that ****witted way.
What a colossal sack of shit ****wit it!