Space Cowboy

Default A bush in my pot

I just got around to trying a commercial brand of Green Jade Oolong
from Good Young Co located in Taiwan available in various local Asian
markets. I also have in their Traditional Taiwan Premium Tea series
A-Li-Shan and Dong Ding which I haven't tried. This came in a nice big
box with cord handle. Inside was a tea tin with a seal and inside that
a gold color vacuum sealed foil sealed bag. The price $15/250g/8oz
while my local tea shoppe sells a Pouchong version $10/60g/2oz. The
infusion color of both is a noticeable yellow. The shoppe version has
a better taste. The shelf version has a better aroma. The first thing
you notice about this tea is the clunking sound the big knots from
traditional hand rolling make hitting the bottom of the glass pot. The
biggest surprise of all the infusion reveals consistent stems of tea
with large whole leaves of two and three each. It was enough for a
botany lecture. I remember one other post with leaves on stems. My
biggest surprise of the year so far and certainly in a long time. I
can't imagine a bush lasting very long harvested like this.

Jim

PS: Their A-Li-Shan also has leaves on stems. I haven't opened their
Dong Ding. My first impression of A-Li-Shan. One of the few teas
where strong taste matches strong aroma. You know you have taste buds
when you drink this tea.