Michael

Default Pralines

Made some bread in the bread machine for the daughter's
boyfriend's family. We were down on the Gulf Coast last
year and spent a night in New Orleans before we came
back. Amber bought some ridiculously expensive pralines
for her boyfriend, who really likes them. I was bored
watching TV so I tried some pralines for the first time.
I looked at a few of them at recipesource.com and chose
the easiest one:

1 c Brown sugar
1 c Granulated sugar
1 ts Vanilla
1/2 c Evaporated milk
2 tb Melted butter
1 1/2 c Chopped pecans

Stirred it up, cooked it to 238, let it cool for a short
time in the pan, and then dumped it on foil. Amber and
her boyfriend were thrilled.

Is the above a good recipe for pralines? Would you
recommend anything different? When I cooked the fondant
I made last weekend, I didn't stir it as it was boiling
(not supposed to), but I didn't know whether I should
stir the pralines as they were boiling or not. I did.
Did I need to?

Thanks, Michael