spud

Default Sodium Benzoate or Potassium Sorbate

SWMBO likes the blackberry sligtly sweeten. Just enough to smooth it
a bit. So I need to stabilize and sweeten some before bottling.

I have read the archives threads and have DAGS on sodium benzoate and
potassium sorbate.

One site recommends sodium benzoate over potassium sorbate, but there
is really precious little written up about it. It is not used ni the
wine industry, overdose can cause a salty taste. OTOH postassium
sorbate can impart a 'bubblegum' ? flavor if overdosed and caN cause
geranium smells if MLF is not halted by potassium metabisulfite.

Any have experience with both for home made wines, what do you use now
and care to share why?

Sure appreciate any insight.

Steve - Noobie
Oregon