Derek

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:39:52 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:

>pearl wrote:

[..]
>> Vegans rather see wildlife thrive in natural habitats.

>You mean they'd rather see deer starving to death during droughts or
>being killed slowly by canine predators.

Livestock don't owe you their lives and hides simply
because you breed them in safe environments. I
think what Jon wrote to David applies to you;

"Get this, ****WIT:

If a predator kills a prey animal, there is no moral
meaning to it.

If you prevent a predator from killing prey, you have
not done a good deed.

Comparing our treatment of livestock to predators'
"treatment" of prey is misguided at best, and stupid
when you keep doing it after having had explained to
you why it's misguided.

One more to jam down your throat with my boot,
****WIT: non-human predators are never cruel.
They can't be."
Jonathan Ball to a ****wit 2004-05-11