Priscilla H. Ballou

"W. Baker" wrote:

> About potatoes- the little red new potatoes seem to spike less than the
> larger brown ones. something about the structure of the starch molecules
> being different. If yu like potatoes, it is worth a try, but follow
> Jehhifer's advice and test after eatign them to see what they do to you.
> You might well be able ultimately, to adjust your insulin amount to
> accomodate them.

Yes, on the red potatoes, and I've also found that I can eat baked
potato skins without a nasty spike. I have to discard most of the
interior of the baked potato, but baked potato skin "envelopes" with a
pat of butter in them has always been one of my favorite treats, so I've
been very happy to discover that I can still eat them along with
meat/fish and a nice helping of veg.

Priscilla