Chuck

Meerlust Merlot from South Africa is a very highly rated Merlot. My
personal favorite!

"The wine has a fruity bouquet with hints of cassis and plum. It is
full on the palate with fine tannins and an excellent balance. Meerlust
Merlot 2000 will age very well for up to 12 years. It is delicious with
red meats, game and strong cheeses.

"Basler Weinmess 2004 (Bassel Wine Fair 2004)
Meerlust Merlot 2000 - Best Red Wine
scored 92 points out of 100 by a very strict professional jury

"Out of a total of 549 wines entered for the awards, the Meerlust
Merlot 2000 came third (first came a Swiss dessert wine with 95 points
and second a French Puligny-Montrachet with 93 points), being the Best
Red Wine of the Basel Wine Fair 2004.

"At the Basler Weinmesse 2004 approx. 80 Wine Merchants / Importers are
exhibiting, more than 3000 wines are on show, a total of 87 Gold Medals
were given, amongst which 5 Gold Awards were received for our South
African wines."

http://www.meerlust.co.za - Winery home page
http://merlot.african-tradition.com - Online sales USA