Richard

"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:11:12 GMT, "Richard"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:42 GMT, "Richard"

imagine,

on

cup

> >> [Edited to correct top-posting]
> >>
> >> Hi Richard,
> >>
> >> I am confused...
> >>
> >> Is it the dried, or the moist starter that you are trying to
> >> grow?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kenneth
> >>
> >> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

> >Right now I'm trying to get both going.
> >
> >I had Carl's going good, I think. Took half out and dried it. Added the
> >water and flour to what was going. Nothing happened.
> >
> >I then tried starting the dried stuff I made. No activity that I can

tell.

> >Now neither is doing anything.

> Hi Richard,
>
> (I would appreciate it if you would stop the top-posting. It
> makes it nearly impossible to follow the thread.)
>
> Now, about the starter:
>
> You are providing so little information as to make a
> meaningful response difficult.
>
> For example, when you say "nothing happened" it would help
> to know the temperature, the time you waited etc.
>
> Also, the source of the water might be important. If, for
> example, it was chlorinated, it might have killed off (or
> weakened, and thus slowed) the culture.
>
> So, tell us more, and folks will try to assist.
>
> All the best,
>

> --
> Kenneth
>
> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

Sorry Kenneth. I'll try to not let that happen again. Nothing like scrolling
thru a dozen posts to get to the last. So be it. New here so can always
learn something.

Temp of what? Water, air or my fever?

Water was the baby bottle kinda method. Did not feel warm. My air temps have
been between 70-75 degrees heated with a wood stove.
I've waited 3 days. I used Crystal Springs bottled water and supposedly
organic unbleached flour from a health nut friend.