Lew Bryson

"Joel" > wrote in message
>>In rec.food.drink.beer Randal > wrote:
>>
>>: be extremely happy to be proven wrong. Outside of Old Chicago where the
>>: food is barely edible and the beer selection seems pretty good upon
>>: first inspection but is really just a lot of ho-hum choices the only
>>: places I can think of that do not fit my initial description are
>>: Kinfolks in Manitou and The Stagecoach which only has three taps but at
>>: least they are Oasis instead of Bristol.
>>
>>Old Chicago has over 115 beers available - you call that "ho-hum"? Now
>>I know it's _you_ that has the problem, not the C. Springs beer scene.

> It's been awhile since I've been in an Old Chicago, but
> IME he's right-- the selection may seem adventuresome to a
> beer neophyte but to the exeprience beer hunter it certainly
> leaves a lot to be desired.

That was my unfortunate experience at the newly opened OC by me. Went in
last week with high hopes of a good multi-tap near the house, but out of 40+
taps, there were 6 that were worth the time -- and you guys know me, I'm
pretty open-minded -- and the first beer I ordered, a Rogue Santa's Reserve,
was stale. Not good.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.