Eric Jorgensen

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:13:28 -0500
The Cook > wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have a good yellow cake recipe made with oil instead of
> >solid shortening or butter? I am not looking for a chiffon cake.
> >
> >I'd like to eliminate hydrogenated fat and trans fat.
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Wayne

> Do you have a problem with butter. It has no trans or hydrogenated
> fats. The new Crisco in the green container has no trans fats either.

Butter contains an average of 0.3% trans-fat.

Everything that makes fat makes trans-fat, including corn, sesame, soy,
and you.

As for hydrogenated fats, go ask your doctor whether fully hydrogenated
fats are preferable to saturated fats, or the other way around. I suspect
he'll recommend cutting back on both.