Bob

Cherrybounce asked:

> Do any of you have any experience ordering wine or spirits online? I'm
> looking for a particular wine I can't find locally and I would like to
> know if anyone has had good results with an online store?

I've ordered both wines and spirits online, and never had a problem. I live
in California, if that makes a difference. The wine merchants from whom
I've ordered have all been in California, but I've also shipped wines to my
sisters in Florida without mishap. I had spirits (a macadamia liqueur)
shipped to me from New Zealand, and I got it just fine. (Now I'm trying to
track down a litchi liqueur.)

As someone else noted, Beverages & More has an online store, and I've used
it, but only to have them put a package together for pickup. (The nearest
Beverages & More was about an hour's drive away back then, so I only did
that occasionally. But they just built a MUCH closer one.)

In general, though, I'd recommend online wine/spirit merchants, provided you
follow the same precautions that apply to ANY online merchant (e.g., make
sure that you don't give your credit card number on form unless the form is
secure). If it would make you feel better, most online merchants have a
contact phone number, so you can place your order by phone.

Bob