Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 13 Jan 2005 08:15:10p, Lou Vincze tittered and giggled, and giggled
and tittered, and finally blurted out...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 13 Jan 2005 07:38:22p, Lou Vincze tittered and giggled, and
>> giggled and tittered, and finally blurted out...

>>> Ok - rinse inside and out with cold water. Anything else?
>>>
>>> Lou

>> Dry them thoroughly after rinsing, before you season them. You might
>> also consider brining them.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> Wayne:
>
> What kind of seasoning do you recommend?

I often rub the hen, inside and out, with butter, salt, pepper, and
crumbled dried rosemary or chopped fresh rosemary, and put a small onion
(or piece) in the cavity.

If you'd prefer a sweet glaze, melted orange marmalade and butter is a
nice option. In that case, just use butter, salt, and pepper to rub the
hen - no herbs.

Wayne