kalanamak

Default Surprise---US Mad Cow was imported from Cananda

> Ken Davey wrote:

<snip>
> > As long as bad husbandry practices are in place in the interests of
> > corporate profits this problem (and others not yet identified - or
> > identified and denied) will continue. We, the consumers,
> > suposedly have the last say.
> > Yah right!!!

If people lined up willing to pay 3 times the amount for beef raised
without bad husbandry practises, the corporations would jump. USians has
been spoiled by cheap food, and even bad and bad for you food is deemed
better than pricey food. I was at a house not long ago...big TV, two
DVDs, computer games with all kinds of inserts, palmpilots, big truck,
and the kitchen was full of rice a roni, frozen burger, canned mixed
veg, a big sticky plastic jug of no-name vegetable oil, milk, sugary dry
cereal and a box of eggs. Oh, and a generic version of Eggos and fake
maple syrup in another huge sticky jug. When I go through the checkout
lane, I see this repeated over and over.
We vote with our dollar, not with our feet.
blacksalt