Lucy

"big macbeth" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>i think fruits and veggies should be at the bottom, not bread, rice,
> and such. agree?

Agreed. But, don't look for the gov't to change this anytime soon.
The pyramid isn't designed for the health of the nation, but rather
what is 'cost effective', so they can provide cheap slop for school lunch
programs, etc, and other gov't programs.
I once did a research paper on food additives/preservatives, and the
USDA/FDA, and discovered what I should have guessed long ago.
Uncle Sam doesn't care about your health. Uncle Sam would rather alter
serving sizes than force manufacturers to change then additives they use,
and that is just the tip of the iceberg.
So.. let's all be good citizens and eat more than a serving size of foods
that contain additives that could be harmful if eaten in large quantities..
so we can all croak before drawing social security, like nice obedient
citizens. <smirk> Ya, the info I found doing the paper made me kinda
cynical where the gov't is concerned.
lucy