Ron

In article <_XqHd.6000$Nu.3438@fed1read04>,
"formerly known as 'cat arranger'" >
wrote:

> I believe that existence is a benefit.
> It seems that species are incorrectly
> divided up into individuals when they
> they really are more of a continuum.
> So the benefit of existence is to the
> parents and the species. To the parents
> in that their genes and their need to
> continue is fulfilled and to the species
> in that it is continued.

Continuation of a species requires death. One generation must die off
for the next one to survive and thrive. The continuation of the species
is possible through the dying off of individual members and over time.
What does seem to be a contentious point is when and where the
individual members of the species will die so that the species can
flourish. There does seem to be a benefit to death.