usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>>Here it is. I think it turned out pretty good.

>>Sounds utterly horrible.

> Good. None for you. And you won't mind then.

You're doing me a favor.

<...>
>>>4 lg yukon gold potatoes - chopped

>>Potatoes are a vicious animal killing crop. I hope you're happy.

> I've got an alibi. I wasn't even in the province they
> were grown in.

That's not an alibi. You still bought them knowing the farmer was
killing animals. That makes you a hypocrite.

<...>
>>>Bring to a simmer then lower the heat.
>>>Cook till veggies are very soft.

>>Yuck. Mushy vegetables? They'd be a LOT healthier for you if you
>>wouldn't overcook them, Skanky, but I know you're a poseur when it
>>comes to interest in health anyway.

> It's you who's a poseur in cooking.

No, I'm an excellent cook.

> My soup was
> intended on being a creamy puree with corn added
> after the pureeing. Vegetables must be soft to
> puree well.

Not "very soft," which is what you called for in your recipe.

> At least when making a soup, you get
> to eat the water they've boiled in, recatching some
> of the cooked out nutrients.

You should learn to steam and sautee your veggies rather than boil them.
Maybe you just haven't researched that stuff yet.

>>>Stir often as it will foam up at first.

>>So it matches your mouth?

> Only when I'm rabid. Come closer.

No thanks.

>>>Remove the bay leaves.
>>>
>>>Puree with one of those handheld
>>>things, or use the blender in small
>>>batches
>>>
>>>Once it's pureed, thaw the corn under
>>>the hot water tap, drain and add to the
>>>soup.
>>>
>>>I'll save the organic carrots

>>Hahaha. When did you start stipulating which produce you consume is
>>organic?

> Organic was brought up earlier in the thread. I was quite happy
> to find the organic broccoli and cauliflower.

Interestingly, both are on the Environmental Working Group's list of
"safest" produce from the standpoint of pesticide residues. Those are
two examples where buying organic is a complete waste of money.

http://www.foodnews.org/reportcard.php

>>>for another
>>>recipe. They just didn't seem like they'd
>>>go with the above.

>>Why not?

> They just didn't. Turns out the soup was delicious.
> Me and a friend polished off the whole potload.

Gluttons.

> None left for you

Thank goodness.