John Jones

misanthrope wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >
> > I try to avoid moderated groups, but believe how things go is

greatly
> > determined by who is moderating. As for replies from the group

after
> > you get in there, I guess it depends on the participants. But in

all the
> > groups I've seen so far there is always an asshole or two, to

varying
> > degrees. I hoped the philosophy group might be different, but Jones
> > seems pretty much an asshole. Maybe not. Maybe the subject of
> > whether or not life is a benefit doesn't apply to philosophy, but I

feel
> > that it does. Really almost everything does, and that as much as

any
> > imo.
> >
> > >the only thing we can do is to quietly
> > >ignore these infestations with their pointless and idiotic

back-biting,

> > You could take more than one approach...in fact you're taking
> > a different one now. I will say though that in all the times I've

seen
> > people complain about what was posted in their chosen groups,
> > I have rarely if ever seen such a person have anything of value
> > to say.

> jj is an interesting and colourful character on alt.phil, and he's

just
> ****ed that what used to be a useful group is now being turned into a

circus
> by clowns with no interest in anything but infecting groups with

their
> faecal discharges. i think he voices the opinion of the silent

majority in
> alt.phil: it's a shame when this sort of thing happens to a group

that's
> been useful and interesting. it not only deters new members but also

drives
> away old ones, and can in the long run kill the group.

As you can guess... I am dumpposting insults on this thread. You must
know, I hope, yours got accidentally dumped on. If its alright with
you, I shall continue dumping for our Country and the Glory of our dear
Sovereign Queen.
JJ