usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>>Well, I've been shopping but only at the place
>>>that has less organic than the other store.

>>Doesn't make a ****ing difference, Skanky. Both stores use lethal
>>force to kill rodents and other pests. Both kinds of farming also use lethal
>>force to kill rodents and other pests. Both kinds of farming use
>>machinery that runs over or mutilates animals. You're still
>>contributing to wholesale animal slaughter and pain, you misguided, heartless
>>witch.

> I see you're still insane Usual.

I see you're still a hypocrite, Skanky.

> Organic veggies are more nutritious

You've been "researching" activist claims again, haven't you.

--------
Organic More Nutritious? Even the Organic Industry Doesn't Think So!

by Alex Avery

Is organic food more nutritious? The simple answer is no. While some
studies have been trumpeted as having finally shown the nutritional
superiority of organic foods, other studies of similar crops show either
no difference or superiority of conventional produce. Many factors
affect nutrient and mineral content of food, especially produce
(genetics, sunlight, moisture, pests, harvest date/time of day, time lag
from harvest to consumption, etc.). Any differences which may result
from the use of organic or conventional farming practices cannot be
detected.

But don’t take our word for it. Look at what others have had to say
about this question:

-- Even the organic foods industry has been forced to admit that their
products offer no significant nutritional advantages. Katherine
DiMatteo, spokesperson for the U.S. Organic Trade Association, was asked
on ABC’s 20/20 (February 4, 2000) whether organic foods were more
nutritious than their conventional counterparts. She twice responded
that “organic foods are as nutritious as any other product.” Not more
nutritious, merely “as nutritious.”

--The Tufts University Health & Nutrition letter
(http://www.phys.com/b_nutrition/02so...qa/organic.htm)
answered the question of whether organic is more nutritious this way:
“No one knows. The question is a difficult one to study because of all
the factors besides farming methods that could affect nutritional
quality, including soil type and climate. The evidence from the small
body of reliable studies available thus far does not show any
significant differences between the nutrient content of organically
grown and conventionally grown food.”

--UC Davis nutritionist Dr. Gail Feenstra says, “As much as I'd
like to say yes, unfortunately the evidence doesn't show that it is. The
studies are equivocal; there are no definitive studies that show that
organic is much better than conventionally-produced produce."

--Consumer Reports, a magazine that strongly favors organic foods
(and has recommended it several times in the past), wrote this after its
own evaluation of organic foods Dec. 15, 1997. (available at
http://www.consumerreports.com/Speci.../9712n001.html): “Yet
organic produce tastes no different than ‘conventionally’ grown produce,
and any nutritional differences there might be between them are likely
so subtle as to evade detection.”

-- Canada’s Manitoba Agriculture and Food agency
(www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/homeec/cbd03s01.htm) had this to say:
“Nutritional value of plants depends on genetics, availability of water,
amount of sunlight, maturity when picked, how long it took to come to
market and whether it was properly handled and refrigerated. Numerous
laboratory tests have not found any substantial nutritional differences
in organically and conventionally grown produce.”

--The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
(http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/...nd/fs2docs/fs7...
“Various comparisons have been made on the nutrient content of plants
and on other components of nutritional quality. Although differences can
be found they are not consistent among the different experiments that
have been conducted. Varying the soil nutrients or other growing
conditions could conceivably produce similar results. There is no
conclusive evidence that crops grown organically are either inferior or
superior nutritionally. There are major differences between experiments
and among crops within the same experiment.”

Dr. Clarence Swanton, professor in the Department of Plant Agriculture
at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada says, “There is no
scientific evidence whatsoever that I am aware of that [organic food] is
nutritionally better for you.”

http://www.cgfi.org/materials/articl.../oct_18_97.htm

See also:
http://www.price-pottenger.org/Artic...Nutrition.html
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/food/cook/...0103,164370_52...
http://www.nature.com/nsu/000831/000831-4.

-----

> As for blaming me for other people's killing,

I'm blaming you for your own killing. Your consumption makes you
directly responsible for dead animals.

> well, no soup for you!

Thank goodness. Sounded like crap anyway.