PENMART01

Default My green bean are too tough (horrors!)

Amelia wrote:

>Why are my fresh green beans tough when I follow the directions that
>include boiling them for 5 minutes at a full boil followed with a ice
>water bath. Is it simply a function of cooking time, or is there
>more?

Why bother boiling (and lose nutrients) when you can kick it up notches yet
unheard, by stir frying/sauteing... toss green beans with oil and a garlic
clove at high heat about two minutes, then lower to medium heat and cover pan
and steam for about 2 minutes... don't need any stinkin' ice water... perhaps a
bit of black bean paste and a few toasted cashews. Under 5 minutes... BAM!

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon