Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote

>> > There are always vegetarian foods that cause less deaths.

>> In the case I am citing there are only imported, commercially grown

> plant
>> foods available.

> Why would you compare the worst of the produce to the
> 'best' of the meats?

Why not? It is a choice consumers face.

>> > If grown with no cds, it will always be the best of all the foods.

>> Agreed, but that is not the question I am asking.

> Then we agree. What are you asking exactly?

Simply put, is it ALWAYS better to try to reduce animal deaths, or is only
better when it is done via the vegan formula, eliminating animal products?

> Exactly which foods are you comparing and
> why?

The foods are commercially grown and manufactured rice, beans, vegetables
and fruit compared to beef grown in a local community, pastured and not
finished with grain.

The reason I am doing it is that I am using your refusal to make the
comparison as an illustration of vegetarian narrow-mindedness, or
alternately, you could view it as an opportunity to prove me wrong about
that by acknowledging that my proposition is a plausible one. By doing so
you also release yourself from the fantasy that the vegan drive to eliminate
animal products from one's diet is a foolproof way to reduce animal deaths.