usual suspect

Rubystars wrote:
<...>
>>Or use some carrageanan, a bit of corn or potato starch, etc. Rice milk is
>>just starchy water anyway. You don't have to make it more difficult or
>>more expensive than it already is, dummy.

> I tried rice milk a couple of months ago because I was curious about how it
> tasted and I was disappointed.

I bet you were.

> It sort of burned my throat a little.

Wow, I haven't heard of that happening before. The stuff is just starchy
water -- and quite vile.

> Soy milk and even regular old cow's milk is so much better.

Like the song says, "Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby..."

> Hazelnut milk is
> pretty good tasting although it's not "milky" like soy.

Carrageanan is what gives soy milk and a lot of other soy and dairy
products (fat free yogurt, for example) a creamy mouthfeel. Soy milk
without carrageanan is as vile as rice milk, and it has a nasty soy
aftertaste to boot.

> I haven't tried almond milk yet.

It's okay, but I'd much rather eat my almonds than drink them.