Scented Nectar

> > Here it is. I think it turned out pretty good.
>
> Sounds utterly horrible.

Good. None for you. And you won't mind then.

> > Lot's of flavour.

> Lots. No apostrophe, it's not possessive.

Someone call the typo police.

> > 2 cups unsalted broth
> > 946 ml organic soy milk

> Why not use the whole damn liter?

That's the size the milk came in. Why? You'd
have to ask the company.

> > 4 lg yukon gold potatoes - chopped

> Potatoes are a vicious animal killing crop. I hope you're happy.

I've got an alibi. I wasn't even in the province they
were grown in. But thanks for telling me how mean
potatoes are. I had no idea they were vicious
killers. Good thing I chopped them up before they
got my cat or something.

> > 1 cauliflower - head only, chopped
> > 1 brocolli - head only, chopped
> > 3 bay leaves
> > 2 tsp. oregano
> > 4 tsp. basil
> > 2 tsp. paprika
> > 1/2 tsp. pepper
> > 1 Tbsp. salt
> > 2 Tbsp. sugar
> > approx. 2 cups extra water.
> >
> > Put all of the above into a big cookpot.
> >
> > Bring to a simmer then lower the heat.
> > Cook till veggies are very soft.

> Yuck. Mushy vegetables? They'd be a LOT healthier for you if you
> wouldn't overcook them, Skanky, but I know you're a poseur when it

comes
> to interest in health anyway.

It's you who's a poseur in cooking. My soup was
intended on being a creamy puree with corn added
after the pureeing. Vegetables must be soft to
puree well. At least when making a soup, you get
to eat the water they've boiled in, recatching some
of the cooked out nutrients.

> > Stir often as it will foam up at first.

> So it matches your mouth?

Only when I'm rabid. Come closer.

> > Remove the bay leaves.
> >
> > Puree with one of those handheld
> > things, or use the blender in small
> > batches
> >
> > Once it's pureed, thaw the corn under
> > the hot water tap, drain and add to the
> > soup.
> >
> > I'll save the organic carrots

> Hahaha. When did you start stipulating which produce you consume is

organic?

Organic was brought up earlier in the thread. I was quite happy
to find the organic broccoli and cauliflower.

> > for another
> > recipe. They just didn't seem like they'd
> > go with the above.

> Why not?

They just didn't. Turns out the soup was delicious.
Me and a friend polished off the whole potload.

None left for you

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/