elaine

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> elaine wrote:
>
> > I'm making thai pork for supper. Actually, I'm adapting a recipe for

thai
> > chicken and using pork instead. The marinade (for chicken) calls for

ginger,
> > garlic, thai curry paste, lemon zest, vegetable oil - I added some brown
> > sugar and soy sauce. I brown the pork then add a can of coconut milk.
> >
> > But my question: I picked up coconut cream by mistake - would that be

like
> > using 35% cream instead of milk. Should I water down the cream and just

use
> > half?
> >

> Check the ingredients on the label. Some sites indicated that coconut milk

and
> coconut cream are the same, but others indicated they are different, with
> coconut cream being a sweetened version of coconut milk that is intended

for
> desserts. However, it just might work with a pork dish since pork can

sometimes
> handle sweetness, and you might use a little extra lime juice to balance

it.

About 58% coconut milk . Damn - I've never, ever cooked with coconut, milk
(or cream) - This is my first time. And I would never use evaporated milk
in a recipe (chowders yes).

Think I'll use half the can; taste and if necessary add water & lime
juice........... perhaps it will be wonderful!

Thanks......