Scented Nectar

> > Hey Pearl, I'll be trying out that new soup
> > tomorrow or Sunday. No guarantees
> > though, as I'm just going to make it up as
> > I go along the produce aisles at the organic
> > place.
> >
> > One not completely organic thing that I will
> > use in it is, a leftover 2 cups of unsalted
> > veggie broth I made. Here's the recipe of
> > the broth:
> >
> > Veggie Broth
> >
> > --Ingredients:
> > 1 large onion
> > 1 garlic bulb - use all cloves
> > 2 sweet potatoes
> > 1 small bunch celery
> > 4 carrots
> > 2 sweet red peppers
> > 20 parsley sprigs
> > 10 large mushrooms, unopened
> >
> > --Directions:
> > Coarsely chop everything except the
> > parsley and mushrooms.
> >
> > Put everything in an extra large cookpot.
> > Fill with water, and simmer until the
> > carrots are soft.
> >
> > Strain, keeping the broth.
> >
> > This freezes well. It makes about 25 cups of broth.

> Well, I've been shopping but only at the place
> that has less organic than the other store.
>

> I got an organic cauliflower, organic carrots,
> organic broccoli, potatoes, organic soymilk,
> bag of frozen corn, herbs, spices. and I'll use
> my 2 cups leftover broth.
>
> I'm going for a 'creamy' thick puree. If it turns
> out good, I'll post the recipe later.

Here it is. I think it turned out pretty good.
Lot's of flavour.

2 cups unsalted broth
946 ml organic soy milk
4 lg yukon gold potatoes - chopped
1 cauliflower - head only, chopped
1 brocolli - head only, chopped
3 bay leaves
2 tsp. oregano
4 tsp. basil
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
approx. 2 cups extra water.

Put all of the above into a big cookpot.

Bring to a simmer then lower the heat.
Cook till veggies are very soft. Stir
often as it will foam up at first.

Remove the bay leaves.

Puree with one of those handheld
things, or use the blender in small
batches

Once it's pureed, thaw the corn under
the hot water tap, drain and add to the
soup.

I'll save the organic carrots for another
recipe. They just didn't seem like they'd
go with the above.

SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/